If you have a passion for youth ministry, experience mentoring middle school and high school students, and a deep faith in Jesus, we invite you to join our team of youth staff at Maple Valley Church as an Assistant Youth Director.
Our church (located in a suburb of Seattle) is known for service to our community. This is an entry-level position, though experience volunteering, interning, or working in youth ministry is required. Come be a part of changing the world one student at a time! Thejob description is available here.
● Under the direction of the Youth Director, help develop deep Christian faith and mature character in high school and middle school students
● Mentor male middle school and high school students
● Share responsibility in running the youth group, including giving sermons to students
● Coordinate Sunday programs
● Assist in leading and organizing retreats and mission projects
● Have fun!
● At least 1-year volunteering, interning, or working in youth ministry
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Mature faith in Jesus Christ and Christian character
● Alignment with the Biblical values and tenets of The Evangelical Covenant Order of Presbyterians.
● College-level coursework in Christian Theology and/or Youth Ministry
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to our Youth Director Lindsey Bunn.