PASTORAL NOMINATING COMMITTEE
The pastoral nominating committee (PNC), representative of the whole congregation and elected by the congregation, has the ultimate responsibility for nominating a minister to the congregation for election as the next pastor. Over a number of months, the PNC will journey through the pastoral search process, seeking to hear the call of Christ and “to participate in God’s own choice” for our next pastor.
The PNC has completed two important documents for our search, the Mission Study and Church Information Form. The Mission Study communicates the vision for MVC, acknowledging and celebrating our past and present, while looking forward to what God has in store for us with a new Senior Pastor. The Church Information Form communicates the responsibilities and qualifications for our next Pastor along with information about our church and community. We invite you to read these documents.
If you are a Pastor and are interested in applying, we ask that you first read our Mission Study and Church Information Form. If you feel you are qualified for this position you can apply at the link below.
Contact the PNC
Voicemail: 425.432.5876 x357
- Prayers for the candidates as they move through the evaluation process
- Wisdom in networking and getting the word out to those we know
- Prayers for the PNC to have a clear vision of the pastoral attributes God is calling to MVC.
- Prayers that we as a church don't get ahead of the Holy Spirit
- Prayers that those God is nudging to apply would listen to his call
- Prayers for the candidates as they move through the evaluation process.
- Prayers for continued unity of the PNC
- Wisdom in networking and getting the word out to those we know
- Prayers that we as a church do not get ahead of the Holy Spirit
Praise that the Mission Study and Church Information Form were accepted by both ECO and our Session! (View them on the website)
Prayers for the job posting and for the right candidates to respond
Prayers for the continued unity of the PNC
Praise for the Mission Study and Church Information Form being completed!
Pray for unity and approval from Session and ECO on these documents
Pray for the hearts of potential candidates as we begin the search process
Praise for fruitful conversations with some of the members of our previous PNC team.
Praise that there are so many people in our congregation praying for our church and future pastor.
Prayer as we continue to finalize these documents, that they effectively communicate who we are for potential candidates.
- Prayer for our finalizing of the Mission Study to go smoothly
- Prayer for completion of our Church Information Form to be used with the job posting
- Praise for a successful Session and Staff retreat that happened last weekend.
- Pray for the team that is summarizing and will be communicating the essential elements of the survey.
- Pray as we finish the mission study and begin drafting the job description. Prayers for the Lord to guide this work.
- Session and Staff retreat this weekend as they digest and absorb survey results
- Clear interpretation and implications of the survey results
- Work to be completed on the mission study is clear and representative of our church
- Accurate, timely, and clear interpretation of the survey results.
- That PNC communication to the congregation is beneficial, helpful, and understandable.
- The work to be completed on the mission study is clear, represents our church, and contains meaningful cultural and historic information.
- That we would keep God first in this process.
PNC Updateby PNC on April 12, 2023
MVC Church Surveyby PNC on January 16, 2023
PNC Updateby PNC on January 12, 2023
PNC Updateby PNC on December 28, 2022
Meet the PNC
Prayer Request: For God to lead us in this process and for patience as we wait upon the Lord for his will and plan to come to fruition.
Prayer Request: That we will be good listeners so that we can hear God as He speaks to us, and that we would trust Him through this process.
Prayer Request: That I would listen with humility to my church family and pray with expectancy for the new Pastor that God has been preparing to lead us.
Prayer Request: That our church family can unite to bring a new pastor into our body who is led by the Holy Spirit.
Prayer Request: That God would show His provision even in ways that we may not expect it. That we could be willing to trust in Him when it doesn’t make sense. And that we would rejoice in worship every opportunity we can.
Prayer Request: To follow God’s lead in the search and discern God’s choice for our next head pastor.
Prayer Request: Pray for patience and clear, God-centered focus in our church as we move forward. May we let God lead us, rather than have us trying to lead ourselves.
Prayer Request: Please pray for the Lord to lead the PNC and our church through every step of this transition. May the Holy Spirit heal and prepare our hearts and church for new leadership. In addition, for Jesus to be preparing the right candidate to lead and serve our church.
Prayer Request: Please pray for wisdom for the PNC as we seek the Lord’s guidance for our next Senior Pastor. Please pray for the body at MVC that we will humble ourselves and seek the Lord as he leads us through this time of transition.
Prayer Request: That I will faithfully represent the will of God and what he has in store for the people of this congregation.
Prayer Request: My request is simple: sensitivity to God’s leading and prompting throughout this process, for me individually, for us as a committee, for us as a church, and for whomever the Lord would be calling to us!
After moving to Maple Valley in 2011, my wife and I tried many churches in the area. In 2014 my wife and I attended MVC for the first time and I felt that this is the church God was calling us to. At Easter in 2015 we became covenant partners. We have two children who also know this as our home church. I have volunteered in worship (tech team) and youth ministry. My participation in the PNC is the fulﬁllment of my commitment to our church and to ensuring we continue to have biblical theological preaching and study.
Prayer Request: For God to lead us to the right pastor in a timely manner. That the new pastor will ﬁt as the missing piece to our church's new leadership team and that the transition would happen smoothly. Also, please pray for my family, as this process will be taking some extra time away from the